Imagine you have a ladyboy friend, what are the things you have to remember dating her? I hope these 10 tips will help you understand your date better. Although this article is not mine (it was borrowed from a ladyboy blog), i’m happy to publish it here and i hope it will really be helpful to you.
For you guys who haven’t dated or been in the company of a transwoman (ladyboy, shemale..etc.) here a a few tips. This is for actual dates where you meet for dinner or drinks or coffee and money is not exchanged for the company.
1) DO: Use correct pronouns. SHE is not a “He” no matter what the doctors said at birth.
2) DON’T: Tell her she looks like a woman. Compliment her on how she looks (if you feel like it), but for goodness sake don’t act surprised. That tells her you expected a “man in a dress”.
3) DO: Be punctual, or communicate if you wil be running late. It’s polite and lots of TGs get stood up. Being really late with no explanation or warning tells anyone that they aren’t really important.
4) DON’T: Ask her what her “Real” name or “boy” name is. This probably brings up an unpleasant time in her life and it is often used by people to keep us in our place as “not really women” or “failed men”.
5) DON’T ask to see a picture of when she looked like a guy. Same as above but way way more. If you ever do see a picture of her from this time, understand that she is showing you herself when she was probably feeling her worst.
6) DO: Try to impress her. You don’t have to treat her like a princess, but you should use your best dating manners (ask what she likes to do, pay attention to her, smile alot).
7) DON’T: Treat her like your buddy. It’s like above, but more. Don’t leave her alone while you chat up another girl. She won’t take that as well as your guy friends would. Walk her to her door, even if you aren’t getting sex.
DO: Understand that she is an individual and has her own likes and dislikes. It will help your cause if you don’t assume too much about her.
9) DON’T: Ask about her genitalia or transgender history in public, or at least do it quietly. Most of us try to live unobserved in our daily lives. Broadcasting that your date has or had a penis is simply not safe for either of you.
10) DO: Have fun! Take her to a place you are both comfortable, get to know eachother, laugh and makes jokes, be relaxed and be prepared to have a great night with a woman who will notice and appreciate every little kindness and polite gesture you make.